On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Markus Krötzsch
<mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org> wrote:
> Ok, but when a user edits a wiki thourgh the browser, this is not related to
> the API anyway, is it? I wonder in which cases a users with a bot flag makes
> an edit through the API that should not be flagged as "bot".
>
> Background: I am currently implementing write access to Wikidata. I am
> inclined to set the bot flag on all requests to simplify the interface.

Sometimes people have flood accounts that they use to make mass edits
through some tools and at the same time use these accounts to make
"normal" edits through other tools like the Wikidata Game. I think
that is pretty rare though.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata