Hi,

I wrote two paragraphs at the WikibaseDataModelSerialization PR. In
general I'd like to see more changes demonstrating the approach. That
would include the changes in Wikibase.git necessary for the
WbDMSerialization changes, but I'd also like to see facets used for
some other thing in Wikibase.git that's supposed to be easier / better
/ cleaner with facets.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Daniel Kinzler
<daniel.kinz...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago, I proposed to change our PHP data model bindings to
> allow
> extra info to be attached using the concept of "facets" simmilar to the "role
> object" and "extension object" pattern.
>
> Code experiments showcasing this idea can be found on github:
> * https://github.com/wmde/WikibaseDataModel/pull/576
> * https://github.com/wmde/WikibaseDataModelSerialization/pull/174
>
> This is the final call for objections against using this approach. The
> rationale
> behind it can be found on <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T118860> and
> related tickets.
>
> Implementation details can still change later, but after nearly 3 months, we
> finally need a decision on the conceptual level. If there are no substantial
> objections, this will become definite on Tuesday, December 8.
>

> --
> Daniel Kinzler
> Senior Software Developer
>
> Wikimedia Deutschland
> Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.

Adrian Heine né Lang
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in
the sum of all
knowledge. That‘s our commitment.

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der
Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für