Hi Yaroslav,

On 10.06.2015 22:01, Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
On 2015-06-10 17:46, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
On 10.06.2015 17:05, Magnus Manske wrote:
Some country-specific things to do on Wikidata:

https://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/?country=96

Wikidata by country stats:
http://magnusmanske.de/wordpress/?p=290

Another country-based observation is that Italian locations are so
much more popular than those in almost any other country. Here is a
map showing only those items with at least 33 (!) sitelinks:

http://wwwpub.zih.tu-dresden.de/~s5219191/vizidata/#d=0&m=items&l=en&f=1&e=33_336&c=48526&g=0.8&h=1.2&o=1&p=3&x=19.599609375&y=47.32393057095941&z=5

I have just zoomed in my area (Delft, the Netherlands), and I see that
many places are missing on the map, for instance, Naaldwijk,
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1613459 , which has coordinates in both
Wikidata and English Wikipedia. There must be smth wrong with loading data.

As I wrote in my email, the link that I sent has a filter set to show *only items with 33 or more site links*. The item you mention only has 6 site links, so it is not shown. You can change the filter by clicking on the histogram at the top (drag interval bounds in lower view, fine-tune intervals using the arrow buttons on the top; click lower view once to reset the filter).

Here is a link to a piece of map where the item you are looking for can be seen:

http://wwwpub.zih.tu-dresden.de/~s5219191/vizidata/#d=0&m=items&l=en&f=1&e=0_336&c=1392.8387096774195&g=3.1&h=1.2&o=1&p=3&x=4.247932434082031&y=51.97155731422007&z=12

The item you are looking for is highlighted. When zooming in very far, it is a good idea to increase the size of the dots on the map (see Map Settings), since items are less dense on this zoom level.

To get used to the interface and the options, I would suggest you to pick the "births" dataset (upper left). It's smaller (=faster) and the histogram with birth year numbers is probably clearer than the sitelinks data.

Regards,

Markus

Cheers
Yaroslav