On 9 November 2015 at 08:45, Daniel Kinzler <daniel.kinz...@wikimedia.de> wrote:

>> Also, is this a temporary thing? Will Wikidata eventually have items for
>> every
>> book published, every musical recording, etc. and become a superset of all
>> those
>> unique identifiers?
>
> It's highly unlikely that wikidata will become a superset of any and all
> vocuabularies in existance.

Agree.

*However*, there are some things where we may be able to say with
confidence "Wikidata has a comprehensive set of X" (eg catalogues such
as P1186). It might be worth thinking about whether we should record
these identifier properties as "will always be incomplete", "probably
complete", "expected to eventually be complete", etc. If a user
queries for an ISBN we don't have, the chances are high that it's a
good ISBN we don't cover - but if they query for a country code we
don't have, the chances are high that it's an invalid code...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk