Hoi,
Many of such baggage is legacy of Wikipedia. There is no point in storing
that a city is in any specific place or of a specific size by making it
what it is. It is all implied. The category:Scottish city can be implied
from what administrative entity it is part of and from defining a city in
whatever way. For instance Zwaag has "city rights" and nowadays it is not
even a municipality. It however may be known as a "city" by having
appropriate properties.

We should cut down on baggage if only to improve our "quality".
Thanks,
      GerardM