Nice work, this is a great way of seeing wikipedia + wikidata side by side
(and having more intimate access to wikidata IDs).

It would be great if the hierarchy (breadcrumbs) + context of your session
were preserved *as* you are navigating. Right now, it appears the value of
this browser is that it augments a wikipedia-type page with wikidata
semantic values within a side bar.

In contrast, http://math.mx (read: mathematics) is an example DAG (directed
acyclic graph of hierarchical math topics, presented as a d3 zoomable
treegraph) which preserves the context of your session (with breadcrumbs)
as you traverse the directed graph of knowledge. A core value proposition
of a browser (e.g. web browser) is that the provenance and history of a
session is preserved; you can go back and revisit links (history), as well
as gain perspective about how your searches were related (provenance). You
session, itself, is essentially a graph (and this graph is critical for
understanding your coverage/level of comprehension of a domain).

On WikiBrowser, one was viewing the WikiBrowser "Earth" page and you click
the inner term "Planet", I would expect the interface to semantically zoom
out of "Earth", into planet (because of the directionality of the
relationship of the two terms: earth, planet). From this screen, I would
expect to be able to go back (close "Planet" and return to "Earth")
allowing my context to be returned/zoomed back to "Earth" (which had
remained on the stack), or visit a new link/direction from within "Planet"
and increase the depth of my stack.

Even with this (linear 1-step browsing w/ a provenance trail) solved, it's
often extremely difficult to get a holistic view (topic depth > 1) of a
topic (i.e. understand all the topics and sub-topics entailed) just by
looking a single wikipedia page. Ideally, one could press a special hotkey
(see "bring and go <https://youtu.be/hm2oFBqVM9o?t=1m18s>") and see an
overlay (similar to your sidebar) with a graph (link depth of ~2 pages)
which shows an entire graph of a page / topic's wikidata or wikipedia
relations, which you can then use to navigate and more efficiently explore
the knowledge space.

On the other hand, if (instead of a "browser") your main goal is augmenting
(and creating a bi-directional mapping between) wikipedia articles and
wikidata entries, have you considered something like a native Wikipedia
Tool, e.g. Navigation Popups? (see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tools/Navigation_popups -- Under
the "Browsing" section, there is a checkable option for, "Navigation
popups, article previews and editing functions popup when hovering over
links)

I learned the feature existed when I asked on facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/michael.karpeles/posts/10101912216804060)

It would be great if hovering over hyperlinks in Wikipedia resulted in a
> community approved 1-line distilled answer / summary tooltip

Just food for thought, to fuel your mission. Good luck!

best wishes,

- mek