> I agree and think that at least a mailing post here and on wikidata-tech
would've been great to make sure everyone has the chance to know what's
going on
Well, we only noticed what was up due to this email!
Take a look at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119915

So you can always get an overall view of the query service at
https://grafana.wikimedia.org/dashboard/db/wikidata-query-service
Key here for your issue would be the lag graph in the middle right.
This is generated using the following query:
    SELECT * WHERE { <http://www.wikidata.org> schema:dateModified ?y }
Which gives you the last modified date for the data stored!

Addshore

On 3 February 2016 at 21:44, Andra Waagmeester <an...@micelio.be> wrote:

> Nice that the SPARQL service is upgraded. We noticed something was going
> on and terminated our bots to wait for more stability.
>
> 1. Is that stability now reached?
> 2. Is there some sort of flag-mechanism, that would indicate if the SPARQL
> endpoint is stable, being upgraded or had change in state?
>
> The SPARQL endpoint is core to our efforts in genewiki's ProteinBoxBot,
> for a spectrum of reasons. (e.g. concept resolution, identifying data
> inconsistencies (an item on a gene and protein being incorrectly merged),
> getting precision and recall numbers on included data sources, etc)
> Whenever there is an issue, we usually take a step back and retry later.
> However, this is based on trial and error. It would be quite convenient if
> we could use a flag-mechanism to decide if we can start or if already
> started we need to terminate.
>
> Can we do this? Advise on different approaches would be also appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>

> Andra Waagmeester
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> > is it me or is the SPARQL service very slow right now?
>>
>> I've upgraded it yesterday to Blazegraph 2.0 and it looks like there was
>> some glitch there. I've restarted it and now it seems to be fine. I'll
>> be watching it and see if it repeats.
>>
>> --
>> Stas Malyshev
>> smalys...@wikimedia.org