On 13/07/2016 03:53, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Loïc
> ​,​
>
> Yes, I highly suggest a property like that to complete the graph structure
> between the 2 kinds of topics.
>
> but instead of something very narrow like "provides API" you might call it
> "provides Service" ?  Perhaps you have something along those lines already ?
>
> Then you can just query those that provide a Service of the Class=API  ... or
> some such... that seems more flexible with a property like "provides Service"
>  which can be just about anything... or just simply "provides"  or "offers".
>
> Thoughts ?  already have properties like that ?

I did not find anything like that in
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:List_of_properties/all#Generic

Properties matching "service"
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=500&offset=0&profile=default&search=Property%3Aservice
Properties matching "offer"
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Search&limit=500&offset=0&profile=default&search=Property%3Aoffer

And I'm not sure I understand how properties are classified (i.e. what makes
them show up in https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:List_of_properties/all)

I guess it's when a property is an instance of a subclass of Wikidata property
(https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18616576 ) such as "Wikidata property for items
about organizations" https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18608993 and a bot takes
the last part of the property name to be the category ?