Hoi,
It is indeed better to look up Wikipedia identifiers on demand. The
wikipedia articles associated with a Wikidata identifiers are a legacy.
Regularly Wikipedia articles are associated with different identifiers when
it is found that there is a mismatch between the different Wikipedia
article.. A good example; rose for the flower and rose for the plant..
Thanks,
     GerardM