Congrats Luca! Its super exciting that you are going to be working on this
role and program!

Cheers,

Alex

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Luca Martinelli <l...@mysociety.org> wrote:

> Hi everybody! I'm [[User:Sannita]], probably you already saw me around
> as an admin and contributor, but today I'd like to introduce myself as
> the new EveryPolitician project Community manager. :)
>
> EveryPolitician is a mySociety[1] project, currently funded by
> Wikimedia Foundation,[2] that aims to integrate data from the
> EveryPolitician project[3] and/or other reliable sources, as well as
> to come up with a suitable structure within Wikidata to encourage
> consistency of modelling of political data.
>
> My main task will be to involve people to become active on Wikidata,
> to learn how to use the various tools we already have (from gadgets to
> external tools such as QuickStatements, Mix 'n' Match, PetScan, and so
> on) and to actively reuse data from the project to build New Fantastic
> Tools™.
>
> So, if you're interested in sorting out electoral/political data from
> your home country, or define data models to help other users compiling
> this kind of items, or you have an idea about how to visualise data,
> just {{Ping}} me, and I'll be glad to help. :) We're also planning
> events to add, fix, enrich and reuse data - the very first will be
> held in London after Wikimania, and I really hope to come back to you
> with more info ASAP.
>
> Also, I'll be around at Wikimania all week, so feel free to tap me on
> the shoulder if you wish. :)
>
> Thank you and hope to see you around soon!
>
> [1] https://www.mysociety.org/
> [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/mySociety/
> EveryPolitician
> [3] https://www.mysociety.org/democracy/everypolitician/
>
> --
> Luca Martinelli
> EveryPolitician Community manager

Alex Stinson
GLAM-Wiki Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
http://glamwiki.org