I think Laura raised a very good point here.
One question, broader :

is Wikidata team thinking about moving their dataset over *block-chain*?
That, I do believe, would incentivise people to participate, maintain, and
even craft useful thing with clear licenses (eventually profiting based on
utility of a thing ) .

Again, the possibility to compute / process things that are of public
utility / governance depends on accessibliity to data.
Or, very large computation / legal / negitation power of a few stakeholders.

Making data accessisble from multiple stakehodlers from public audiences,
or at least mirroring the meta-data, would allow a sane "competition" /
collaboration in governance - with also concrete applications saving $$$ ,
like preventing companies collusions.

I also tried to connect with OpenCorporates - research and CEO.
No answer so far.