Hi,

I like the idea of creating collections. However 'official' federated
Wikibase-powered instances and assigning them an external identifier can be
another approach. This permits other instances to grow independently and
leaves the choice to store only key (community-decided) information on
Wikidata. Thus Wikidata still plays a major role in the discoverability of
external federated instances.

Best,
John Samuel