Hi!

> This is a bit tangential to the topic, but isn’t that basically what
> schema.org was developed for? (I’m not sure if that’s still its primary
> purpose, but as far as I know it was started by a group of search
> engines to develop a unified format websites could use to make their
> semantics more accessible to those search engines.)

There are a number of schemas, like Dublin Core, that try to address
issues like that. However, none is even close to what we're talking
about - covering several thousands properties that change all the time.
They have very basic things covered, but AFAIK not much beyond. And I
think those vocabularies still do not solve our problem with updating
labels in multiple languages and keeping them in sync.

That said, this would be quite offtopic for *this* thread, but still if
anybody has any ideas on how to present Wikidata content better to
search engines using well-known metadata vocabularies, I think it would
be a very welcome effort.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org