Dear all,

we’re really happy to announce the first ever Coolest Tool Award
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award>!

Tools play an essential role at Wikimedia, and so do the many volunteer
developers who experiment with new ideas, develop & maintain local & global
solutions and bridge workflow gaps for the Wikimedia communities.

There are incredible many great tools out there. It’s time to celebrate
this & to make the work volunteer developers do more visible to everyone :-)

The Coolest Tool Award ceremony will take place at Wikimania, as part of
the official program:

https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2019:Technology_outreach_%26_innovation/Coolest_Tool_Award_2019

The award is organized & selected by this year's Coolest Tool Academy. The
plan is to award the greatest tools in a variety of categories: For
example: “best Commons tool” to recognize the value of a tool for a
specific project, or “best newcomer” to award the work of a fairly new
developer.

As no one can possibly know all the cool tools out there, we’re looking for
some help & inspiration: Please point us to the tools that you think are
great - out of any reason you can think of!

Please use this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ip5Sb_CDvgO6IN2f51V3WjkVYU9Sa-nneX5PoY0sjoo/viewform

to recommend tools by July 29, 2019.

You can nominate as many tools as you want by filling out the form multiple
times.

This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject
it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling,
see the survey privacy statement:
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award_2019_Survey_Privacy_Statement

Thank you very much for your ideas & recommendation(s)!

We will continue to spread the word over the next 1-2 days, but if you get
the chance, please feel welcome to share this information with others too!

If you have any questions, please contact us at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Coolest_Tool_Award.

Thanks :-)

Birgit, for the Coolest Tool Academy 2019

--
Birgit Müller (she/her)
Director of Technical Engagement