Hey Sam,

Great timing on the questions about tools!

I recently published a framework for organizing campaigns that describes
the existing tools used for different stages in Campaigns:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Campaigns/Organizer_Framework . [1] If you
or your volunteers helping with metrics want to talk through the various
metrics options and what you would like to measure, I would be happy to
workshop those ideas with you. We are still piloting the framework -- so
testing those parts with you would be great -- I would love to learn where
you have other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

[1] Learn more about why at:
https://space.wmflabs.org/2019/09/24/help-the-movement-learn-about-content-campaigns-give-us-feedback-on-a-campaign-organizer-framework/

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 1:20 PM Sam Oyeyele <samo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Apologies for cross-posting. After a successful first iteration of the
> “Months of African Cinema” last year, we are happy to announce that it will
> be happening again this year, starting from October 1! In the 2018 edition
> of the contest, about 600 Wikipedia articles were created in at least 8
> languages. There were also contributions to Wikidata and Wikimedia commons,
> which brought the total number of wikimedia pages created during the
> contest to over 1,000. About 9 in-person events were also organised for the
> edit-a-thon in different parts of the world.
>
> The contest is organized by a Wikimedia project called "The AfroCine
> Project",[1] which is dedicated to improving the coverage of the history,
> works, people, places, and events, that are associated with the cinema,
> theatre and arts of Africa, African countries, the Caribbean, and the
> diaspora.
>
> If you would love to join this exciting event, please list your username
> as a participant on the English Wikipedia contest page.[2] If you would
> love to lead this contest for your country or community, please list your
> name in the coordinators page here.[3] The rapid grants team would be
> accepting proposals throughout October and November, in case you'd need
> funds to run local edit-a-thons or some other activities related to this
> event. Upon listing your name on the coordinators' page, you'd be contacted
> to talk about the resources you'd need to run the event in your community.
> You can also contact me directly for any clarifications.
>
> Finally, We also need volunteers to handle some aspects of the AfroCine
> project. These aspects include:
>
> 1. Community Liaison: This role essentially involves closely engaging with
> local communities to support their activities within the scope of Afrocine.
>
> 2. Communications: This involves the communications aspects of the
> project. Sharing relevant information on mailing lists and social media
> would be the responsibility of this person.
>
> 3. MAC Jury: This role involves joining the jury of Months of African
> Cinema contest. We need as many people as we can get :).
>
> 4. Tools: Going forward, we would need relevant tools to better track the
> metrics and also analyse the general impact of these events. We are calling
> for Wikimedia volunteers who can navigate wikimedia tools that can be
> useful for the project.
>
> If you would love to help with any of these roles, or some other roles
> that have not been mentioned, please contact me directly.
>
> If you have further questions, complaints, suggestions, etc., please reach
> out to me personally or right here on the mailing list or the project
> talkpages.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sam Oyeyele.
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/The_AfroCine_Project
> [2]
> [...]

Alex Stinson
Senior Program Strategist
Wikimedia Foundation
Twitter:@glamwiki/@sadads

Learn more about how the communities behind Wikipedia, Wikidata and other
Wikimedia projects partner with cultural heritage organizations:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM