On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Thad Guidry <thadgui...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Freebase we had a way to mark or flag an Item as a candidate for splitting
> into 2 Items (topics).
>
> Here is 1 candidate I would flag for a Candidate for Split listing, if so:
> "offer and acceptance" https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1193004
>
> For that 1 candidate it would be flagged as "retain existing topic while
> splitting" since the "offer and acceptance" is still useful as an Item in
> financial domain as well as both "offer" and "acceptance" individually. (We
> do have Lexemes for each, https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Lexeme:L4323 and
> https://wikidata.org/wiki/Lexeme:L229295 )
>
> Does Wikidata have a similar feature (or some user script or tool) that has
> this functionality?
> I expected to see something under the More button, but did not.
> The HELP page for Split an item does mention 2 tools to help in other ways
> and the manual steps to perform a split, but they don't "mark as a candidate
> for split" for some future processing or review tool for the community?  Has
> this been requested before as a new feature?

Hey Thad :)

I don't think I've seen requests for it and I'm not aware of an
existing workflow to request a split. I assume most of the time people
who find an Item that's mixed up fix it themselves so far. Some people
are marking them as "instance of: Q14946528" so they can be found.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207.