On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 10:01, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> Now in Mix'n'match:
>
>    https://mix-n-match.toolforge.org/#/catalog/3862

This has highlighted an issue I've been concerned about for some time;
the lack of granularity in property P1629, "subject item of this
property".

For example, the data set has an entry for "National Library of Greece
Authority Records", which corresponds to our property P3348 "National
Library of Greece ID". Yet the P1629 on that property is for Q1467610,
"National Library of Greece" -  we have no item for the ID or its data
set.

Of course, one institution can have many such ID types, and thus
Wikidata properties.

There was quite strong opposition when I tried to create more items
for sets of IDs (one successful example, for instance, is Q51044 of
ORCID iDs). I think we will need to revisit that.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing