Hi Cord,

We do not have such a property for various reasons but historically because
of fear of extra vandalism (which I don't completely agree with),
difficulty with adding references to support the statement claims (I agree
that's hard and why certified_as is being discussed below and why P4968 was
added to help), and other reasons.

I would suggest to look at the following Property proposals:

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/certified_as
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/ESCO_Skill

as well as:

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P4968
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1576
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P101
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P106
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P8258
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P2650

I think your closest ally to help with an immediate problem would be to
reframe it as "this person -> interested in P2650
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P2650> -> food toxicology"  with
the idea that they not only interested but also skilled or specialized in
some field of study or area of research"  It's about the best you can do
for now...but perhaps the other listed properties above help you more
depending on the context.  For instance, a prominent notable professor or
researcher can be said to be "skilled" in "ancient history" but it is more
likely their "field of work" or "field of training" is in "ancient history".

For languages, you can already use  languages spoken, written or signed
P1412 <https://www.wikidata.org/entity/P1412> and native language P103

It's always best to look at the properties for this type P1963
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1963> on any particular entity
type, such as looking and scrolling down on Q5 human
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q5> or Q901 scientist
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q901> which already lists many of those
properties above.  Whatever is in properties for this type
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1963> is further used as a
dropdown statement hint and its based on if you apply a instance of
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P31> statement and fill in a more
specific type for a person, like saying this person is an instance of chess
player <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q10873124>, or scientist
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q901>, or politician
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q82955>.

Thad