Hello all,

The *Data Quality Days
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Events/Data_Quality_Days_2021>*,
eight days of community events focused on data quality, are starting on
Wednesday, September 8th, and there are plenty of very interesting sessions
taking place! Many thanks to everyone who proposed a topic and took the
lead to facilitate a discussion or a workshop.

Here are a few examples of events that will take place (you can see the
full schedule here
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Events/Data_Quality_Days_2021#Events>
):

   - Data quality: what is it and why is it important?
   - *EntitySchemas* and Shape Expressions on Wikidata
   - How can we incorporate feedback from our biggest data re-users at
   scale?
   - Integration of the Czech authority files with Wikidata
   - Editing livestream and editathon on *property constraints*
   - Editathon to improve Help:Ranking and Help:Deduplication
   - Overview of the *ontology issues* on Wikidata
   - Increasing data quality by increasing Wikidata's visibility on other
   wikis
   - Bug Triage Hour on *data quality and maintenance*
   - Presentations of various *patrolling and quality tools* (ORES, ProWD,
   Item Quality Evaluator, SpeedPatrolling, Constraint Violation Checker,
   WikidataComplete...)

The events are taking place online (most of them on the open source tool
Jitsi). Most of them are not recorded but notes will be taken. No
registration is needed, you can simply add your name to the participants
list
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Events/Data_Quality_Days_2021/Participants>
if
you want to tell others that you are interested. It is still possible to
add sessions in the schedule if you want to take care of a discussion or
workshop. There's also a Phabricator board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/5504/> where you can add
the projects you plan to work on.

We're looking forward to discuss data quality and tools with you! If you
have any questions, feel free to reach out to me.

Cheers,
--
Léa Lacroix
Community Engagement Coordinator

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24
10963 Berlin
www.wikimedia.de

der Nummer 23855 Nz. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für