I do not know what the process looks like to request a ban, have you
contacted wikidata-ow...@lists.wikimedia.org? It seems to be the address
of the mailing list "owner" according to the email headers.

I agree this volume of email looks disproportionate for a single event
which is only remotely related to Wikidata.

Antonin