Hi Leo,

Thanks for the reference to http://pro.yeeyan.com.

I visited the site -- and sadly I can't read the Mandarin script :-(,
so I'm finding it difficult to compare the editing features of this
site with WE.  It doesn't appear to be a rich text editing environment
-- but I could be wrong.

mmm .. the question of easy editing versus the freedom and the power
to innovate is a complex issue.  It is also a very popular topic on
our list!  I hear and understand what you are saying about the
difficulties of helping non-technie teachers to get started with
content development on the wiki. I'm a teacher myself and when I first
started using this technology -- I was also faced with the challenges
of learning new skills. However, the skills I have learned have opened
a new world of collaboration an sharing. I view the skills of wiki
editing as an essential life skill in a connected world!

While the inertia to get started requires a little effort -- the
benefits far exceed the challenges of learning a little wiki syntax
<smile>. WE has inversted considerable time and energy in training and
the development of training materials to support Newbies in joining
the community -- perhaps we should look at translating some of these
resources into Chinese?