Hi Everyone

We have achieved community consensus on the Draft Open Community
Governance Policy. The relevant wiki pages are now protected from
editing in preparation for the elections. See:

http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:Policy_for_Community_Governance

On behalf of WikiEducator's Interim International Advisory Group, we
are pleased to announce that Nellie Deutsch (http://wikieducator.org/
User:Nelliemuller) has been appointed Chief Electoral Officer for our
first WikiEducator Council elections.

Nellie is a dedicated WikiEducator and is a tremendous asset to our
community. On behalf of the WikiEducator family, we would like to
extend our thanks for your offer to assist the community in this
important role. Nellie meets all the requirements for this position
and will not be contesting the election.

We would also like to announce the names of two independent electoral
assistants who have offered to assist Nellie with her task:

Ms. Carol Walker, Programme Assistant, COL (http://www.col.org/colweb/
site/pid/2860) and
Ms. Ms. Ruvani Ameresekere, Programme Assistant, COL (http://
www.col.org/colweb/site/pid/4033)

We confirm that these are the only people who will have password
access to the online voting technology in executing their
responsibilities.

Duties of the Chief Electoral Officer

*  Announce the election on the WikiEducator list and other relevant
communication channels;
* Nominate two independent electoral assistants;
* Confirm that every vote cast is from a registered WikiEducator;
* Prepare a short report confirming a free and fair election process
* Announce the final outcome.

We look forward to Nellie's official announcement of the upcoming
elections.

This is an important milestone in the history of our project.

Signed: Interim International Advisory Board

ELECTION SCHEDULE

1.  The draft Policy for Community Governance and voting procedures
posted to community for comment on 23 June 2008
2. Community consensus on the Governance Policy and voting procedures
to be achieved by 7 July 2008.
3. Final resolution and announcement of the first WikiEducator
elections by 10 July 2008.
4. Nominations for candidature to contest the election close at 17:00
PST on 24 July 2008;
5. Candidates to complete their campaign pages by 31 July 2008.
6. Campaigning begins 1 August 9:00 PST till 31 August, 17:00 PST,
2008
7. Voting commences 1 September 9:00 till 15 September, 17:00 PST,
2008.
8. Results of the election to be announced on or before 30 September
2008.

ELECTION PROCEDURES

http://wikieducator.org/Election_procedures_for_the_first_WE_Council