Hey Peter,

Had a good chuckle reading your post .... Spoilt votes, my instance on
upholding the essential freedoms and passionate debates around the topic
of embedding third party media all having an impact on a perfect result
<just kidding>.

Seriously -- the WE community can stand proud. Democracy has achieved a
good result.

I think voters considered their votes carefully because the outcome of
selected candidates shows a parallel with folk who have a strong history
of engagement in our project. Looking at the those candidates who did
not make the shortlist of 15 -- I suspect that their votes did not trail
far behind those who made the cut. As founder of the WikiEducator -- I
want to salute everyone who was prepared to contest the election and all
members of the community who took the time to vote.

As a community we don't have any guaranteed seats and everyone contested
the election on an equal footing.  That's a great achievement for an
open community and I know that we'll continue from success to success.

These are exciting times.