Email notifications are working for me too Nellie (Not LQT of course). Do
you by chance have your computer set up to automatically log you in to
Wikieducator and that you may think you have one email set up in your
preferences, but it is actually another receiving the notification? Just an
obvious suggestion.

Regarding Category pages.. I think Brents suggestion is a good one. If you
come across a page that has no category, add a "needs_categorisation"
category.

I try to keep pages to do with Otago Polytechnic together using an Otago
Polytechnic category <http://wikieducator.org/Category:Otago_Polytechnic>.
Trouble is, while that category page is on my watchlist, it does not alert
me when new additions are made to the category. I need this alert so I can
keep out pages that don't belong (for example, Randy categorised a page of
his with Otago Polytechnic a while back.. it wasn't anything to do with
Otago.. I found it by chance and cleaned it out). The watch feature of the
Category page only alerts me if the actual page content is edited, which is
no use in terms of monitoring category additions. I had hoped an RSS feed
could be generated from the page so I could monitor additions, and I think
Jim did do some hack work using a cocktail of technology, but it wasn't
possible on Wikieducator all by itself.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Jim Tittsler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 05:34, Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 02:31 -0700, NELLIE DEUTSCH wrote:
> >>
> >> Why don't I get emails for the following preferences?
> >
> > My email notifications for pages on my watchlist have been working fine.
>  If
> > you go to your personal user preferences, under the subheading E-Mail, do
> > you see the following message :
> >
> > "Your e-mail  address was authenticated on ..... at ......".
> >
> > Sometimes users don't confirm their email addresses when the account was
> > registered or didn't supply an email address.  This will narrow down our
>
> Also note that MediaWiki will only notify you of a change once.  If
> you don't go look at the change, it figures it shouldn't bombard you
> with change notices and becomes quiet about that particular page.

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost