Randy, you seem to have confused Mediawiki (the software) with the Wikimedia
Foundation (WMF). Wikipedia is a project under the governance of the
WMF<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Our_projects>,
so Eric's advice relates to Wikipedia and all the other projects under the
Foundation. In short, yes - a vote is still to be had.

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost