Hi Maria, "showing up" is all that is needed. But that means leaving a
comment on the Join page as per instructions on the Orientation and
Introductions post that is at that link:
http://flexible-learning-course.blogspot.com/

Hmm.. I need to think of a way to make that clearer.. you're not the
first one to ask