Usually the journal owns the articles they publish, not the author.  You
sign giving them copyright when you are published or agree to give them
ownership by submitting your article.  You can only cite or reference your
own writing after it is published.  You cannot submit the same article to
multiple publishers.
Sarah

--
Sarah J. McPherson