Thanks for the links etc (Newbie tutorial #6 was the tutorial with images
and media)

I've been working with a group of very experienced teachers who all have
used wikispaces extensively (one even featured as an author of how-to wikis
that people should visit) and who are struggling to do things in WE that
they can do in WS.

For example:

Wikispaces has a widget editor that allows us to embed anything (i haven't
come across any exceptions yet) into the wiki - video, slideshows, web pages
etc
http://room10rbs.wikispaces.com/T309Topic - this page has embedded content
from google docs & eXe (self-hosted)
http://room10rbs.wikispaces.com/Cheat_codes - this page has embedded content
including an etherpad, a game and instructions
http://room10rbs.wikispaces.com/Fun_Videos - this one has a youtube video

When we use wikis for everyday class use or for reflective use (
http://dragonsinger.wikispaces.com/nzei) we're used to being able to embed
like this.

When we were figuring out how to do all of this it was comparatively easy
(google) to find out how. Some of us have written help files/wikis to help
others as well.

WE is much more complex in one way (different syntax to WS) but also the
ability to embed on the fly is not there (or at least we can't find it)

Between us we've figured out kaltura, (at about 11pm last night) and the
audio (playmp3). But how would someone else find out how to do this? (the
newbie tutorial refers to intermediate tutorials but i can't find those yet
- have they been written?) I'd also like to be able to embed a slideshow for
instance (might be important as part of an online CV to show evidence of
things such as workshops).

--
Jo Fothergill ...
... mother of spacegirl and gravelboy

http://dragonsinger57.com/
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Dragonsinger57
http://dragonsinger.wikispaces.com/
http://room10rbs.wikispaces.com/
http://room10rbs.edublogs.org/

... i have a life ... it's on twitter!
http://twitter.com/KiwiJoe90

"...it's a sign of a deeply disturbed civilisation where tree huggers &
whale huggers in their weirdness are acceptable while no one embraces the
last speakers of a language..."  Werner Herzog - Encounters at the End of
the World