Example of an organization using a blog to connect to blogosphere
would be PSF on the right hand margin of this recent post re
Wikieducator content:

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-curriculum-writing.html

PSF has a board, voting membership, charged with protecting trademark,
language authenticity, PEPs, user groups, conferences.  Individuals
track whatever special interest groups (sigs) interest them, e.g. I'm
prolific on edu-sig and do a lot of my business there.

Seems to me that subscribing to specific wiki pages is an esoteric
insider activity for those already sold on the idea of a wiki.
Blogging is somewhat a different medium and you'll find bloggers
who've never thought of Wikipedia as much beyond another static
website, not thinking to take part in the editing, treating knowledge
as read-only (same problem as Britannica had).

So it makes sense to me that a Wiki-based subculture, wishing to
recruit new citizens, might promote a more educated readership via
some synthesis blog that shows up in blog chatter.  At PSF we think
about airport concourse signage as another way of advertising, like a
lit sign in some tunnel in O'Hare with our "just use it" slogan.

Kirby