Hello everyone,

My name is Mary Ziller and I recently joined your wonderful group. I hope to
learn a lot with you.

I have a question that I would like to ask the group. I searched the group
archives on "copyright" and found only one thread that did not answer my
question:

*How much of a newspaper article can we use for online teaching and face to
face teaching?
*
How does a site like http://www.breakingnewsenglish.com/ get the copyrights
to publish its excellent materials which are based on real news articles?

And the admirable works by Susan Heyer *True stories in the news *series.
How does the copyright law work allowing her to produce ESL books based on
actual articles?

I would like to write materials using published news articles, but don't
know how to get the copyrights permissions. Do they have to be purchased?

Thanks for your help.

Mary Ziller