Hi John,

Excellent timing :-).

Over the last year or so, I've been thinking a lot about how the OER
(teaching) and Open Access (largely research) communities can start working
more effectively and productively together. With particular reference to
research-led teaching universities there is considerable overlap.

WE are planning to launch Wikiresearcher.org in the near future -- this
would be an open collaboration for planning, conducting and publishing
research findings the wiki way. Given our open licensing policy, it would be
relatively easy to have an open API to facilitate export of articles for the
peer review process managed by the Open Access Journals.

The OER Foundation's partnership with Athabasca Univeristy in providing
hosting services for WE is quite strategic. To the best of our knowledge,
Athabasca University Press is the first University press which publishes all
its work under open access licenses.

Is Wikiresearcher.org a viable project? Are there folk interested in helping
to plan, shape and build an open wiki research collaboration?

Thoughts?

--
Wayne Mackintosh, Ph.D.
Director,