Hi everyone,

Apology for any cross postings -- but good news for all WikiEducators!

The OER Foundation is the non-profit entity which funds WikiEducator and our
activities.

As you know, these past few months we have been working on the open and
transparent development of the strategy and 3-year operational plan for the
OER Foundation. A personal note of thanks to all the WikiEducators around
the world who have provided inputs to help develop and refine our plans
through various channels including the wiki, our discussion lists and the
hundreds of personal emails sent through to my desk. Thank you!

The Board of Directors of the OER Foundation met today and have approved the
strategy and 3 year operational plan for the OER Foundation -- without any
changes! The Board has complemented our open approach and the quality of our
planning. This bodes very well for the ongoing success of the WikiEducator
project --- we have a solid foundation on which to build -- with thanks to
all the educators around the world who are committed to creating, remixing
and reusing OER for the social good of education. Open philanthropy is the
way to go!

Today I scanned the page documenting our early history (see:
http://tinyurl.com/yase8m9 ) -- It's great to reflect on the fact that we
were celebrating 2.3 million cumulative hits on the WE website after one
year's operation. During October 2009, we recorded over 10.5 million hits to
the site in one month! WE have come a long way.

Now, with your help, lets make the future happen!

*Links*

Planning:

http://wikieducator.org/OERF:Planning

Strategy: