>With the help of open
> source software code and the wizardry of our Lead Software Engineer, Jim has
> installed a form based solution with pull down menu option for populating
> the templates required for recording metadata of the file uploads. BIG
> thanks Jim :-).
>
> If you attempted to upload an image or file these past few days -- you will
> have discovered a more user-friendly interface for recording the required
> metadata.

Hi JIm,

I was reviewing the new rich text editor tutorials and noticed that
the "Upload file" page is coming up in three different formats:
1. with the metadata template included in the description box, when I
click the "Upload file" link in the toolbox
2. with the old form, not including the metadata template, when I
click on a "broken" file link created before actually uploading the
file
3. with the much more detailed form that includes text boxes and drop
down menus for various information (This version displays
inconsistently, showing up one moment and not the next, not sure why
it does or doesn't show.)

It could be that this is to be expected as you work to convert the
page to the new more detailed version. Just thought I'd point this
out.

BTW, the new form looks great. The options and information available
in the license field is very helpful. For example, I didn't know there
was a particular license for screenshots of proprietary software:
"Fair use/Fair dealing of copyrighted material".

Thanks,
Alison
http://wikieducator.org/User:ASnieckus