Hi folks,

I also have done a quick side-by-side comparison.  The overlap is
extensive; the original author has requested it's removal.  Out of
respect for the author's wishes, I think it should be removed.  I
think we need to act quickly and in good faith so that authors are
more likely to warm to our cause.  Suggestions for collaboration can
perhaps follow from there.

When the time comes to start rebuilding entomological content, I am
very confident that a structure very similar to this will emerge.  At
that point I'll happily contribute photographs and information.  My
students and I have been sharing aquatic insect content here:
http://academics.smcvt.edu/Vermont_rivers/.  We are well set up to
capture web-ready insect images and can photograph-to-order if a happy
entomologist would like to write content and tell us what to point our
microscopes at.  We do not have an extensive terrestrial specimen
collection, but the college's teaching collection would be more than
adequate to get many of the images needed to populate a general
entomological resource.

Cheers,

Declan