The server hosting all of the WikiEducator and WikiResearcher wikis
suffered a hard disk failure at about 16:00 UTC.  A new machine has
been started using a snapshot of the system made at 12:08 UTC, so any
edits or LiquidThreads created in that window have been lost.

I believe all of the different services and language instances had
been restored by 19:40 (with most before then).[1]  If you do discover
a problem with the new system, please tell me via IRC (the "web chat"
in the Community part of the navigation menu; #wikieducator on
irc.freenode.net), direct email, or GoogleTalk/Skype.

As always, the latest known status is posted at
http://tech.wikieducator.net/ (and updates posted in the !WikiEducator
group on identi.ca).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
  Jim

[1] The problem with some Kaltura videos not playing persists and is
unrelated.  Kaltura have duplicated the problem, but have been unable
to fix it to date.  Unless you really need the collaborative video
features of Kaltura, I would recommend either:
 - put an OGV format file in the Wikimedia Commons and reference it on
WikiEducator
 - use Blip.tv