Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to formerly announce that Athabasca University will be
joining the OER Tertiary education network as a founding anchor partner.
This provides significant impetus for designing and implementing a
successful OER university.

Read on ... :  Meet Athabasca U - Canada's First OER
university<http://wikieducator.org/Athabasca_University/Meet_Athabasca_U_-_Canada%27s_First_OER_university>
!

Athabasca university is a world leading OER university. It is only a matter
of time before we will see the mainstream adoption of OER within
post-secondary worldwide particularly given the caliber of institutional
leadership joining this network.

Your institution can be part of making these futures happen by joining the
OER Tertiary education network (see more information below).

Feel free to join the SCoPE seminar currently discussing aspects of the OERu
model:  Designing OERu Credentials: Aug 29 - Sept 13,
2011<http://scope.bccampus.ca/mod/forum/view.php?id=8953>

The OERu is a low cost, low risk but high impact innovation model for
colleges, polytechnics and universities.

See also:

   - New York's open university joins forces with the
OERu<http://wikieducator.org/Empire_State_College/New_York%27s_open_university_joins_forces_with_the_OERu>
   - 5 Things you should know about the OER university network
plan<http://wikieducator.org/images/7/7d/OERu.pdf>

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>