Hi Wayne,

I'm reading this from within the new Google+ layout, so excuse me while i'm
getting orientated. I had hoped that Google+ would have offered a way for
"groups" to auto create "circles". No. So I've set up a wikieductor circle
and added you and Jim. But you're the driver. I know Jim's set his 'office
hours' up. What I can't figure out is  how we share the one circle and
hangout.

It would be nice if we could try and use a "hangout" to stream from, and
maybe use as an office hours' workshop space before, during and after the
events. i.e. open your laptop, put it under whoever's talking nose, and
stream to people in, and outside, the hangout. Google are going to be
offering the ability to record the
stream<http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/google-92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-100.html>before
 much longer. But in the meantime it would be nice to have a play.

Things are moving pretty fast now. I'll point you at my mate,
Peter's,presentation to a group of network people
<http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/events/cf/ss0911/item-display.cfm?id=7096>in

Brussels this week. You'd might understand, looking at Fig 3 on his
presentation, that OERers are at the top level = software as a service,
while these guys are trying to figure out what combination of apps, on a
Platform, will advance the OER agenda = shared & archived/stored in a cloud.
You'll be looking at the content as much as they look at the Platform which
might host/share it. Never the twain shall meet. So far.

Eventually OERers will want to sign in, using their institutional log on, to
a range of Global) services which they can use and share - some commercial -
like Google's groups and +, some more attuned to their own particular
(disciplinary) community. They'll also want a commons which everyone,
teachers and students, can share to build interesting and entertaining
courses. So I'll point to this
conference<http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-msp/meetings/20110919/>last
week, and the
SURFconext<http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-msp/meetings/20110919/SURFconext.pdf>doc
 in particular.

We're very close to having our NRENs come up with a way to support global
OER communties by coordinating the 'confederation' of a range of services.
But they do need some OERers/OCWCers(?) to spec what they want. And Brussels
is offering pennies to find out.