Simon wrote:

> So that means the agenda for the OERu meeting, using the SCOPE summary is

Yes and no -- some of the discussions in the SCOPE seminar
revisited questions already answered at the inaugural
meeting<http://wikieducator.org/OER_university/First_meeting>discussing
the logic model for the OER, and documented in the report:
*OER University: Towards a logic model and plan for
action<http://wikieducator.org/images/c/c2/Report_OERU-Final-version.pdf>
*.

Some Educators don't take the time to familiarize themselves with the
decisions and progress which preceded the SCOPE seminar. That said, many of
the issues raised during the SCOPE seminar are important planning inputs for
the November meeting and Paul Stacey from BCcampus will be
attending<http://wikieducator.org/OER_university/2011.11_OERu_meeting_participants#Confirmed_attendees>the
meeting.

Discussions and inputs into finalizing the agenda for the November meeting
will take place over the next weeks.

Watch announcements on the list or monitor recent changes on the relevant
pages in the wiki.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, simonfj <simo...@cols.com.au> wrote:

> Nice backgound,
>
> So that means the agenda for the OERu meeting, using the SCOPE summary is ;
>
> OERu Questions & Challenges
> How to develop the course materials for learners globally?
> Providing not only free education but free authentic, valid and reliable
> certification too. Leaners
> may need to pay for credential services unless national governments provide
> grants to cover
> these costs through the state education system.
> Finding a free online platform or specifying that learning materials for
> the OER university be developed
> (or converted) into open file formats that are equally accessible by a
> variety of Learning
> Management Systems (LMSs).
> OER have to be available or at least readily convertible to low tech,
> pencil and paper, or printbased
> materials.
> Institutions will not move toward an OERu strategy unless they see a clear
> benefit for themselves.
> Does OERu need to be a parallel higher education universe?
> Develop low-overhead quality and accreditation systems building an entirely
> new model rather
> than adapting the old one.
> The concept of an OER-university is an innovation and a major one for the
> education globally. Individual
> and organisational adoption will depend on the current concerns and
> benefits of this innovation
> for them.
> Be more creative. Start without thinking about existing systems and
> courses. Rethink units of
> learning.
> OERu needs to be younger and bolder. We need to get our heads into being 15
> to 25 again.
> We already have a critical mass to at least get one degree operational.
>
> Only one question. What is the first degree?
> It would be nice to put these seprarate discussions up. I'd love to be
> pointing a few parallel universes at them.
>
>  --

Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>
Director, International Centre for Open Education,
Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand.
Founder and elected Community Council Member,
WikiEducator<http://www.wikieducator.org>
Mobile +64 21 2436 380
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter <http://twitter.com/#%21/Mackiwg> |