I gather the red swish "no picture" pictures are like NULL in
the database in that not all columns have data.

Or maybe there were no missing pictures and it was my
Shockwave that crashed (in Chrome, happens often).

I don't know enough about Wikis to know if there's back
ending through queries.

The front end viewers to deal with noSQL databases are still
prototypical I understand (e.g. Facebook, a SQL / noSQL hybrid).

One could have Meet Me, Call Me post-its around the edge
of a frame, left by Wiki users and timing out every 24 hours,
with a central rectangle containing an ever refreshing
departures / arrivals matrix for an airline terminal, with live
updates.

In the context of insects (bugs), the Wiki might display
butterflies on a rotating basis, or might key to the user's
personal collection of photos (the text is shared, about
difference species, but the pix are ones taken by each
student -- some paragraphs are also by the student, so
its a textbook you personalize yourself, like a "baby book".

Anyway, just musing on the capabilities of Wiki front ends,
vis-a-vis our evolving back ends these days.

Kirby