We can only hope that this will raise the bar for more academics to
consider the consequences of supporting restrictive academic publications
systems.   As  one from a developed country  yet living and working in
developing countries I can tell you first hand that the barriers to
accessing academic materials is a very real and harmful divide.  There are
many academic barriers to work on including those that established
organizations, knowingly or not, create when accepting funds from entities
that support closed access.  The way that workshops are organized in that
they restrict participation and thus thought interchange to elite insiders
and so many more barriers we must fight.

Thanks for posting on this crucial issue Cable,  hope we can all do our
part to educate others to not support closed information publishers and to
not support organizations that support restricted exchange of information.

Cheers
Tim
__________________________________
j. Tim  Denny, Ph.D.
 Consultant - International Development, Education  and ICT
  SKYPE - jtdenny    Googletalk - denny.jt
  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny
  https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
While SAT scores might predict your success in the classroom, beyond a
basic level of intelligence your passion, motivation, initiative,
networking and hustle matter more than your grade-point average.  Dale
Stephens founder of UnCollege.org
https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=esi2y0whdhk52&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral