Hi Dorothy:

The following resources might be useful:

   - http://www.col.org/resources/publications/Pages/detail.aspx?PID=421

   - http://thepowerofopen.org/

   - http://edtechfrontier.com/2012/03/04/the-economics-of-open/
   - Business case for OER:
         - increase access to education
         - provide students with an opportunity to assess and plan their
         education choices
         - showcase an institution’s intellectual outputs, promote it’s
         profile, and attract students
         - convert students exploring options into fee paying enrollments
         - accelerate learning by providing educational resources for
         just-in-time, direct, informal use by both students and self-directed
         learners
         - add value to knowledge production
         - reduce faculty preparation time
         - generate cost savings – (this case has been particularly
         substantiated for open textbooks)
         - enhance quality
         - generate innovation through collaboration

Cable