I've just received a note from Sir John Daniel alerting me a research paper
he prepared as a research fellow at the Korea National Open University:

Making Sense of MOOCs: Musings in a Maze of Myth, Paradox and Possibility
<http://sirjohn.ca/wordpress/?page_id=29>

Those with an interest in the OERu network will be interested in this
observation:

*"In the wider world the new Open Education Resource University, which is a
consortium of 18 established and accredited universities from five
continents, has been created precisely to serve learners who are acquiring
skills and knowledge by alternative routes. Even if the xMOOC universities
lift the taboo on credit it will be years, if ever, before they can offer a
whole degree on line, so xMOOC students seeking degrees would do well seek
other paths such as those mentioned."*

 As Sir John says, "MOOCs are moving fast and like fresh bread the paper
will be stale very soon".

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>