Hi everyone,

Just a brief note to share information about the OER4COVID support group
and a free online course starting on 6 May 2020.

*OER4COVID* <https://oer4covid.oeru.org/>

To minimise the impact of COVID-19, the Commonwealth of Learning and the
OERu have joined forces with the UNESCO Institute for Information
Technologies in Education (IITE), the International Council for Open and
Distance Education (ICDE) and Open Education Global to support education
institutions around the world to smooth the transitioning to online
learning using open educational resources (OER).

We extend an open invitation to all educators who want to join the support
group.

*Signup link: https://oer.nz/oer4covidrego <https://oer.nz/oer4covidrego>*

*Free course to master the basics of OER and Creative Commons*

Commencing on 6 May 2020, we are offering a cohort instance of the online
course: *Open Education, Copyright and Open Licensing in a Digital World*

This free course is offered in partnership with OERu, Commonwealth of
Learning and ICDE and is open for all educators. Learners will gain free
access to the competency test to earn the Certificate of Competency in
Copyright and Creative Commons Licensing.

*Registration link: https://oer.nz/icdelida103-0320
<https://oer.nz/icdelida103-0320>*

Please share the gift of knowledge by circulating these links with your
contacts.

Working together, we can respond to this crisis more effectively than if we
each work alone.

Best wishes
Wayne

Wayne Mackintosh (PhD)
UNESCO / ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources
Managing Director,  OER Foundation and OERu facilitator