Hard cover bios from academic publishers are invariably peer reviewed,
usually by three consultants, as well as the usually expert editorial
staff.
As for the use of popular biographies, one can be guided by the
reviews for them.

I'm not aware of any peer-reviewed journals that publish only
biographies, though most historical journals publish what amount to
articles with major biographical content on individuals, some of t hem
explicitly biographies.  Similarly, journals in other fields often
publish at least a few biographies of major figures in that field.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM,  <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 1/7/2009 12:08:33 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> dgoodma...@gmail.com writes:
>
> unless  the fame is very recent, there almost
> invariably will be peer-reviewed  articles discussing both his life and
> his specific career, and of course  they should be included.>>

> I have serious doubts that this is the case.
> Hard-cover biographies are not "peer-reviewed" whatsoever.
> And, as in my last message, I would be interested in what journals can be
> found that are "peer-reviewed" that only submit biographies.
>
> Will Johnson
>

> **************New year...new news.  Be the first to know what is making
> headlines. (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000026)

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.