There may very well be a difference, but any way you look at it that
admin did violate copyright. One thing I did notice is this happened
over a year ago, as such I'm not totally convinced now that revoking
the bit will do much good.

Regardless I doubt there is much more to be said here, as there is a
thread on this at WP:ANI or AN. I am not taking a part in the onwiki
discussion as I think most of the valid views have been covered and it
is time to move on.