"Wikipedia editors should really have enough knowledge about their
subject matter to make choices based on good judgement rather than strict
adherence to flawed guidelines. Any guideline, law or contract doesn’t
absolve one from using one’s brain — these things are just frameworks for
handling worst-case scenarios better.

http://www.unwesen.de/articles/wikipedia_on_mud_history

This is what is frustrating to me. Although I am not recognized expert on
MUDs, I know enough that the decision made is obviously wrong, while
those making the decision seem entirely innocent of the subject.

Fred