Hi Thomas,

> You had better read the new GFDL license again - only Wikimedia can
> relicence content on Wikimedia projects (that was the purpose of the
> deadline that passed 2 days before the license was published). You'll
> have to wait. My question was what you plan to do if Wikipedia does
> switch.

I read the license again, and determined that "The operator of an MMC
Site may republish an MMC contained in the site under CC-BY-SA on the
same site at any time before August 1, 2009, provided the MMC is
eligible for relicensing."

That raises a number of concerns, actually, since there are a number
of Wikipedia-adapted articles on Epistemia. I'll have to delete them,
and restore them when Wikimedia relicenses.

> What is that assertion based on? That studies I've seen have examined
> quite a broad range of articles.

What studies? I'm aware that Britannica did a study, but it was my
understanding that they focused mainly on topics in the hard sciences.
There may have been studies done that I was unaware of, though.

On the other hand, a few glances at the many of the articles returned
by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random shows that Wikipedia
still needs much work, especially on topics which aren't particular
popular.

> Sure, but civility wasn't on your list.

I guess I, confusingly, grouped it under "not responsible" :-).

—Thomas Larsen