2009/1/18 Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com>

> 2009/1/18 James Farrar <james.far...@gmail.com>:
> >
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/Images_of_Spider-Man_sculpture
>
> You care less about Wikipedia because some people on Commons aren't
> entirely sure of the law so see the need to go through standard
> procedure in order to decide what to do?

It's certainly a lil off topic for this list but it does raise some real
questions about international law. Who breaks the law and when? In the UK
viewing a picture online deems me to have created it. If I take a picture
from commons which is about to be deleted and upload it from a country like
the UK which has copyright laws to protect architects and Marvel comics but
probably not in the instance would the picture have merit?

It reminds me of making tea on the Jewish Sabbath, transferring hot water
from one vessel to another so that it isn't seen to be hot enough to cook
the tea or coffee.