Peter Jacobi wrote:
> OTOH, requiring references for each addition would solve the
> problem in the other direction.

Every time I've discussed specifics of "flags" I have come away confused
(admittedly, that is not very often).  But, as I understand it, it is
technically possible to have numerous types of flags.  Therefore it is
surely possible to adapr the system to cover referencing issues.

I think that the argument that no flagged revision system can exclude
100% of bad edits is the wrong argument, given our tradition of "soft
security" where each vetting process may only catch 90% of problems: we
should be grateful for that 90%.  So if there is a rather small
percentage of edits that are missed by the reviewing system, I would
suggest some secondary flagging to handle those, taking them out of the
main system. At the very least, it is a good idea to reduce duplication
of work.

Charles