On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Ian Woollard <ian.wooll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/02/2009, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Suggestion posted to AC noticeboard:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration_Committee/Noticeboard#How_to_raise_the_tone_of_the_wiki
>>
>> More input needed for the idea, general support, general revulsion, etc.
>
> I think sniffing helium and saying everything 3 times could work
> (because that makes it true).
>
> Although I do take your point about some of the admin behaviours.

Rather like a police force growing fat and corrupt, their members
exempt from parking and speeding tickets. There are a great many
superb admins, hard-working, pleasant, polite. And there are a few who
are not, who delight in their position, with some remarkably snarky
behaviour, knowing that no wikicop is ever going to do more than
gently chide them. I'd like to see standards enforced from the top
down, rather from the bottom up.

--
Peter in Canberra